Blueberry Lavender Scones
Posted on August 7, 2010 in 5-FLAVOR EATING
- 1 cup GWF Baking Mix (sweet, salty)
- 1 cup rolled oats (generous) (sweet)
- 6 TBS chilled salted butter, cut into squares (sweet)
- 1 beaten egg (sweet)
- 1/3 cup cream, buttermilk or soy milk (sweet)
- 3/4 cup dried blueberris (sweet, sour)
- 1 TBS edible lavender flowers (pungent, bitter)
- About 1/8 cup oat flour for kneading (sweet)
- Greek yogurt (optional) (sour)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the GWF baking mix and oats in a large bowl. Cut in 6 TBS butter (an electric mixer makes it easy, but a fork works fine as well). The lumps should be about pea-sized.
- Combine the milk and the beaten egg, and then add to the flour mixture along with the blueberries and lavender flowers. Mix until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead gently until the dough is a bit stiff, but not crumbly. Cut dough into 4 sections and form into 4 balls. Cut those into 4 pieces, and retain shape (a little wedge). Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, but do enjoy them warm with a dab of butter or Greek yogurt. Yummy!