Mini Lamb Burgers with Feta
Lamb is considered “hot” in temperature, according to TCM. These little lamb burgers are perfect for chilly, rainy days when you just want to curl up with a good book and a good meal.
- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb (sweet)
- ½ C. minced fresh mint (pungent)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (pungent, sweet)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (pungent, bitter)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper pungent)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (pungent, bitter)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (sweet)
- 1 8-ounce block feta cheese, sliced (sour, pungent)
- Slices of tomato, onion and lettuce (optional–sweet, sour
- Mix first seven ingredients in a bowl; shape into four 4-inch in diameter patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet and cook over medium to low heat until bottoms are well browned, about 4 minutes. Turn patties over and top with feta cheese. Continue cooking to desired doneness, about 3 minutes longer for medium rare
- Place patties on a serving tray. Top each with slices of tomato, onion and lettuce.